Monday, November 14, 2011

Mumphord's BBQ & more

I love Mumphord's.  Plain and simple.  This was my first visit to Victoria, and I loved the grid of streets around the town square and the absence of highway overpasses. The cows and the farm fields along our 2-hour drive had already given fresh air for my brain to start to relax.  And a wonderfully quaint through-type arch bridge on U.S. 87 can do wonders for city folk who have become too hustled and bustled.  Stepping foot into Mumphord’s was simply icing on the cake.  The rustic setting, the scrumptious, plentiful portions of brisket, and the charm of the people.  The staff seemed genuinely happy and at ease, and the girl who delivered our plates talked to me over her shoulder as if I was one of her own.  The simplicity of their helpfulness was strikingly noticeable because it appeared uninstructed and neither hurried or puffy.  The whole atmosphere was down to earth, and when the man cooking outside in the back saw us at our car, he readily returned my wave.  Their kindness instilled in me a desire that bloomed so quickly to reciprocate.  Ephesians 4:32 connects the ideas of kindness and compassion and forgiveness, as rooted in Jesus’ example.  Mumphord’s didn’t advertise Christianity on their menu, yet their humble example caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment