Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How far will I go?

Buses present such an attraction for me. I read about an artist who includes buses in her work, and instantly I wanted to attend her exhibit. It’s because the mention of a bus returns me to an amazing time with God. That first bus ride was big. Even initiating the discussion with my husband beforehand required some courage. To put the topic on the table was to give breath to that new idea flitting around in my head. That first step is crucial. Dipping that first toe into uncharted waters. Delving into that first book to learn a new language. Auditioning for a new role that's drama instead of music. Entering a new building to meet an entirely new church. Not every call from the Lord appears in big print on the front page, and how far will I go to find Him? Will I pray faithfully? Will I seek Him through the Bible? Will I let Him set the circumstances or allow impatience to set my own? Will I trust Him to lead in new surroundings, or will I discard the whole notion in fear? Psalm 121 says He will not let our feet slip. Hebrews 11 says He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Your bus may look different from mine, yet each of our roads points to an amazing God. May we encourage each other to seek the Lord and take those first steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment