Thursday, November 3, 2011

Moses, a stutterer?

A friend told me about Moses, and I was intrigued.  Somehow I’d never before heard Moses described as a stutterer.  "Lord, where does Your Bible talk about this?”  Months passed after my initial prayer, and actually my focus faded a bit.  Here now this week in the midst of reading a Jennifer Rothschild book, I stared at Exodus 4:10, in which Moses describes himself as “slow of speech and tongue.”  This could be it!  This could be why some people say he stuttered!  As my adrenaline raced, I came quite close to turning a cartwheel.  The Lord answered the prayer of an ordinary girl wanting to learn.  That’s important because I remember a high school geometry teacher in whose class I felt forever lost and increasingly disinterested.  Yet with Jesus, He knows how to reach us, and He saves the lost.  We have a Teacher who inspires our love for learning by answering questions we forgot we even asked.  And I saw again how often His blessings come when my Bible is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment