Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Linked to curriculum

What task do you dread?  For me, it's often paperwork.  The job application.  The philosophy statement.  With music, it’s the charting of songs.  I can be glad to organize something, but the sight of too much paperwork leaves me exhausted before I ever begin.  Recently a friend asked me about writing curriculum.  Curriculum implies teaching, and teaching is fun.  But curriculum also means paperwork, and suddenly my celebratory balloon loses its air.  Would I have to sort through all the rigmarole of education guidelines?  The answer was no.  But still writing can be laborious, and I wanted to ask the Lord.  Weeks passed, and doubt crept in, haunting me with my inexperience and heaviness of task.  Yet with prayer, I found myself eager to write.  I dived in deep.  I determined to submit Lesson 1 to my friend and let her judge whether good or bad, but I wasn’t on the fence anymore.  Tuesday came, and my friend asked, “Did you get my text last night?”  I answered, “No.  I don’t have text.  But I brought you something.”  She queried, “What is it?  My text last night was to ask you if you had a chance to write the first lesson.  I have a girl coming in today, and we might give your lesson a trial run.”  And on that note, my heart leaped.  I took a deep breath and handed her my paper.  “I felt compelled to write this.  We didn't talk details, and there’s lots of room for change.  It's simply a rough draft.”  My friend read through the lesson and exclaimed, “This is exactly it!  You even put the Bible verse in it!”  I smiled to think of how the Lord matched our thought processes without the text ever delivering.  And that was only the first link in a chain of blessings that afternoon.  The Lord gave opportunity to pray amongst a new group of friends.  He gave me opportunity to speak Spanish and comfort someone.  Later He even answered my plea for a birthday gift idea.  The entire day was so sweet, having seen Him convert dread all the way into tears of joy and more.  And to remember blesses my soul still now.

No comments:

Post a Comment