Monday, May 23, 2011

One day becomes one month

A particular phone call last week delivered a huge blessing.  I’d been praying for the friend who called me, as we had watched her outpatient surgery transform into a month-long hospital stay.  Complications of infection and excruciating pain were at the forefront.  How was all this happening?  Yet we continued to pray.  Then came her phone call.  At a moment when I sat on the couch and had no idea the voice on the phone would be hers, I was amazed.  Not surprised, but amazed to see how the Lord had been working all along.  My friend’s voice now had energy, and I could hear her sense of humor.  Through her days of heavy sedation and subsequent surgeries, the Lord had sustained my friend, and this was a remarkable milestone. …  I love surprises.  Better than that, I love to be amazed at the Lord.  If the idea of prayer is new for you, Matthew 6 offers some insight.  May the Lord give you an immense excitement for prayer.   May He bless you to witness Him at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment