Monday, March 14, 2011

In the checkout aisle

Furled eyebrows.  Slumped shoulders.  And a distinct series of grunts and groans that conveyed frustration.  Yet the corners of her mouth started to slip into a smile.  As the previous customers departed, she now pleaded to us, “Will somebody help me out here and tell me the 7 sins?”  Evidently while she bagged groceries, she had posed the same question to the cashier, and she honestly wanted to know.  I obliged, “My understanding is that there are many more than 7 ways to sin.”  From there, we talked about reading the Bible and how the Lord can teach and give understanding.  Such an encouraging exchange reminded me of Jabez.  In 1 Chronicles 4, Jabez asks the Lord to enlarge his territory.  Tonight, indeed the Lord had walked us into blessed circumstances.  And I ask the Lord to increase your territory as well and bless your next visit to buy groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment