Friday, December 10, 2010

The unforeseen

I once directed a youth group that seemed to minister to a particular mom even more than her young son.  I once was hired to teach English but sometimes found the task was more about prayer than any details of the English language.  I once directed a children’s choir on the assumption I would work with kids but soon realized how the Lord was blessing the adults.  I once taught English to a friend from another country but soon saw that the whole scenario included opportunity to acquaint this friend with the Lord.  God has opened doors for numerous positions based on an initial job skill, but in time He has shown His bigger purpose has been about relationships through that job.  Labels don’t tell whole stories.  I figure in actuality the Lord is stacking the blessings far higher than we can imagine.  Yet for us to tap into God’s bigger picture even the slightest bit is enough to thrill the heart and send us floating on joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment