Monday, November 29, 2010

From 40 to 32 . . .

“Only 32 hours?”  I was a little anxious.  It wasn’t the first time we’d dealt with a reduced workload.  We wouldn’t have 40 hours of work anymore, but we would still have income.  But then I remembered something.  A young friend had asked us to come to his house to test his new recording software.  He had requested a weekday, which at the time seemed unlikely.  But now with our 32-hour workweek, we did have an available weekday.  I made a phone call, set a date, and marked the calendar.  And, oh, how the day was blessed.  Playing the oboe required full breath, consequently cleansing me of anxiety.  All of my air poured into the horn.  Anxiety could steal none of my energy because every ounce of it was blossoming into a resonance that soon brought tears to my eyes.  Vibrato seemed to reach into all the nooks and crannies and bring joy to the full extent of my heart.  It was a transformation that I loved.  An experience I love to relive.  The Lord at work once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment