Friday, November 19, 2010

The weekday schedule

Decision time.  I felt surrounded by loose ends.  Work, Bible study group, music, exercise, writing.  It was the weekday scenario that left me uncertain.  Having prayed for days and weeks, still sensing no definite pull in any particular direction, I opted to stay where I was.  In the coming months, we saw my husband’s full-time job hold in place, which allowed for my part-time work.  The Lord so sweetly led our small Bible study group through some tender moments.  Some weekend opportunities for music arose, consequently easing the weekday concern.  A new writing idea came into play, which made me all the more appreciative for my part-time, rather than full-time, job.  And my exercise class experienced a new development, which has led me to pray all over again for how the Lord would schedule my time this next semester.  It was a matter of trust, and indeed His unseen hand was leading.  Psalm 121 says He will not let our feet slip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment