Sunday, December 19, 2010

Among languages

If someone invited you to an event conducted in an unfamiliar language, would you go?  Perhaps Italian, or Japanese, or German? . . . I once saw a man exit a worship service because it was in Spanish instead of the English he presumed.  A bystander told the man Jesus would be present either way, whether the people spoke in English or Spanish, but the man would not stay . . . Regarding this, the Lord continues to teach me.  I speak, read, write, and pray primarily in English.  Yet when I worship the Lord with my Spanish congregation, even while I don’t understand every word humanly spoken in Spanish, I sense His presence as well.  Romans talks about the Holy Spirit communicating with “groans that words cannot express.”  And I am thankful for the Lord and His unlimited ways of relating to us.  He transcends our human languages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment