Wednesday, October 20, 2010

God orchestrates among the fruits and vegetables

I'm buying onions.  She's buying a watermelon.  Much of the time she lives in another country.  I rarely shop at this particular store.  For that matter, I’m usually at school at this time of day.  Yet we meet at the produce scale between the vegetables and the fruits.  She mentions writing.  I mention the book I published this summer.  And from there, we’re blessed to reminisce about how we first met 4 years ago.  I loved her insights into Abraham and Genesis.  She mentioned Paul, and I had just read Paul's words at the end of Acts the day before.  I could see the Lord weaving all kinds of threads between us.  He had turned an ordinary grocery store trip into an extraordinarily exciting 20 minutes.  Often I pray for the Lord to guide my words and my steps.  Today He blessed me by orchestrating wonder into some unlikely circumstances.  So sweet to know His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment