Sunday, October 31, 2010

A complaint

Ugh.  I would have to take the long bus.  I could hear my fellow bus passengers calling their offices to say they’d be late.  Traffic was jammed on the highway.  Ordinarily, I can take 3 buses that connect so smoothly that I have less than 10 minutes total to wait between them.  Now I would have to take the long route.  My heart sank.  But then it lifted back up.  I began to ask the Lord how to use the extra time.  Before I finished praying, a new thought flashed through my head.  It was Tuesday, and I was pretty sure a particular security guard would be working.  And as events unfolded, yes, he was working, and we enjoyed a wonderful conversation.  I considered it inspired by God.  On this day, two things stood out.  I was humbled to realize what a blessing the Lord gave, even when I initially complained in my heart about the traffic jam.  And I remembered the Bible having a story where God answered a prayer even before it was finished.  In Genesis 24, Abraham sought a wife for his son and sent his servant to carry out the mission.  The servant asked God for success in his task, and before he finished praying, Rebekah appeared.  She became Isaac’s wife.  The Lord answered the servant’s prayer.  And today, He so graciously provided for me, even before my prayer was fully spoken.  Blessed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment