Thursday, July 3, 2014

Funeral & speech therapy

Opportunities to pray come anywhere.  In April I met a girl at a funeral.  She’d entered college to study speech therapy and needed only to find somewhere to serve her internship in order to graduate.  So I prayed.  I was extremely excited to pray.  I told her I would pray.  All the while, I hoped to see her again to explain this particular joy that came in praying for her.  Then a couple of weeks ago, the 2 of us sat across a dinner table from each other, and the joy spilled over.  She smiled to tell of sending out bunches of resumés and receiving a single, unusual phone call in response.  That phone call was her answer to graduating.  Philippians 4:6-7 says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Never should we underestimate any opportunity to pray.  Never rule God out, for He works anywhere and everywhere.  And how we’re blessed for Him to incorporate sinners like us into His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment