Wednesday, June 25, 2014

More than a UPS package

Last week I drove to the UPS Store.  My husband and I decided to discontinue cable TV, and the cable technician told me to take our equipment to UPS for shipping.  I had a bumbling array of boxes, cables, power supplies, and remotes, though my first trip from the car was actually a simple one.  Initially I needed to ask if the UPS worker understood his role the same way the cable guy did.  The second trip would be more of a balancing act, with the tricky part being to manage some free fingers to open the store door.  On the second try, I made it inside.  I approached the cash register and gladly unloaded my pile of equipment.  The worker snickered a bit, “Man, why didn’t she help you?”  I hadn’t known the UPS guy was even watching.  “Why didn’t she hold the door?” he finished.  Yes, I knew the lady he was talking about.  She entered empty-handed a few seconds ahead of me.  I smiled, “It’s okay.  I’ll let God handle it.  He knows what’s going on with her.  Sometimes I’ve been preoccupied myself.”  As the name of God rolled from my lips, my heart felt so free and full for having experienced the Lord’s orchestration of circumstances.  Never had I anticipated mentioning His name there that day.  So as it happened, UPS would deliver my package, and I would get to be a delivery person too.  Carrying God's name is a blessing.  We are humbled to realize we speak into a world where not every workplace and not every household reveres His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment