Monday, January 6, 2014

KLOVE & a napkin

How many times in the car have I pulled a napkin from the glove compartment to write down the words of a song?  All those extra napkins become lyric sheets when the radio's playing.  When KLOVE aired a Chris Tomlin tune recently, I again leaned for a napkin.  This song being about angel armies, I scratched a quick reminder about my friend regarding a job.  For weeks I’d been praying for him, and I wanted to be sure to talk with him on Sunday.  The lyrics said “the God of angel armies is always by my side,” and the words applied perfectly to my friend's situation.  That morning in the car wasn’t ordinary.  That song wasn’t just a song.  The Lord was solving a jigsaw puzzle regarding a job for my friend.  He fit the car and the song pieces into the puzzle that Wednesday morning, and on Sunday my friend told of how the Lord was stretching money and paying his bills.  Amazingly his bank account didn’t have a negative balance.  As he told the story, I smiled and chuckled to witness the Lord yet once again right in the middle of the details of our living.  I carried my handwritten napkin and shared it in testimony of the Lord weaving us all together.  Indeed He is great.  Every imprint of His presence resounds of His love.  And I have prayed for you today to know the presence of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment