Friday, November 2, 2012

Weighing in

I knew not one soul.  I came this day because I hadn’t handled the issue on my own.  All these 20 other people have my same problem, and therein lies a comforting thought.  I'm not alone. I need help, and so do they.  Embarrassment wasn’t necessary, for I would find encouragement here.  And upon that point, I pondered.  Not only to WeightWatchers have I gone when I need help.  I go to the Lord.  In the house, on the bus, at work, on the street—we can find Him anywhere.  Many times He has spoken to me from within the church.  In fact, church is really just one big WeightWatchers meeting.  We’re there because when we’re honest, we all need help.  At some point, we’ve felt like we’re drowning, and we’re exhausted and without the capacity to save ourselves.  And actually anytime it seems we’ve saved ourselves, really it’s only a temporary fix.  I haven’t yet seen a WeightWatchers scale in the church building, but in reality we do all weigh in.  Some sort of weighty issue lands in our lap, and we're checking our pride at the door once again.  So glad the Lord welcomes us to His table.

No comments:

Post a Comment