Friday, October 12, 2012

The blue car & the idle one




On Tuesday, I asked the Lord to bring people.  That afternoon, a blue car drove into the parking lot and pulled up near the sidewalk.  The driver asked if I worked in the building there.  No, I was simply ambling the public sidewalk in front.  She was in the area to visit doctors’ offices regarding home healthcare and, upon seeing me, was curious.  I explained that I was praying.  I posed, “Are you aware of what happens inside this building?”  She answered, “Yes . . . and I agree with you.”  We talked for a few minutes, and I wondered if the whole scenario was intriguing to her as well, seeming almost that she found herself in the parking lot without having planned to be there.  After she left, a car that had been sitting idle for maybe a half-hour pulled out of its parking space.  First I thought the driver was leaving the premises, but actually he moved closer to the sidewalk to wait, apparently for someone still inside the building.  As he was now within earshot, my sidewalk companion called, “We’re here for you, Sir, if you’d like to talk.”  She waved a brochure in the air, and he inched his car still closer, eventually stepping out to receive her brochure.  I floated high on excitement because I’d been praying for this young man, and I had prayed earlier too for the Lord to bring people to the sidewalk to talk.  Though I’d envisioned bringing people who walked in and out of the abortion center, the Lord brought people in their cars.  Right then and there, I loved the Lord's creativity!  He brought people beyond my scope, beyond my thinking.  I loved the fact that He is bigger than me and that He works many things together at once.  Hey, everybody, put on your pointy party hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment