Friday, September 14, 2012

La Taza

Our last hope had been the coffeehouse on McCullough, and now it’s closed.  We had the proverbial Y in the road—musically, that is.  I wanted to veer right, my husband wanted to go left, and the McCullough coffeehouse had been our single remaining common ground, ever since the guy at the guitar shop mentioned it.  And now that it’s closed, what to do?  Proverbs 3 says to lean not on my own understanding.  Though I had specifically prayed this last year, I didn’t fret now about the why of it all, nor did I feel hurried to fill a void.  Interestingly last Saturday, a new thought came to mind.  What about La Taza?  A friend mentioned their coffee, and in turn I wondered if they hosted music.  One phone call and one short drive later, we stepped foot into the fun La Taza world of mocha, jigsaw puzzles, Scrabble, and conversation.  Music was our connector.  Actually I could see how our year-long wait on the coffeehouse idea had built an eagerness in me to set the phone call in motion and pull some song charts together quickly.  No second-guessing at this point.  La Taza was quaint and laid-back, and we loved it.  It’s easy to start wondering now about what the Lord might have in store for this new venue, but then again, I don’t want to jump too far ahead.  I stayed up late last weekend reliving the blessings at La Taza.

No comments:

Post a Comment