Friday, March 23, 2012

Walls with doors

Where will the Lord lead?  I’ve asked Him to set my feet in motion.  This year He has led me to study during the week with a church around the corner, and it’s been wonderfully sweet to meet a new group of Christians and see the Lord at work in my neighborhood.  One question: “Why not study with my weekend congregation?”  Answer: This is where the Lord led me.  I don’t have all the answers.  On the weekends, I study and worship in a building that houses different congregations in 3 languages.  I attend the English at 8:00 and the Spanish at 10:30.  There already I interact with different groups of people, all under one roof.  Why on weekends do my husband and I drive for 30 minutes, going east across town to church?  Answer:  That’s where the Lord led us.  Again I don’t have all the answers.  Over the years I’ve been blessed through ministries of various congregations: writers’ groups on both the north and the northeast sides of town, messianic celebrations on all 4 sides, street ministries downtown, and a government and politically oriented group more north central.  Churches don’t have to compete.  It’s one of the many freedoms we find in the Lord: go where He calls us, without worrying about all the reasons.  I’m aware of a church in Austin, Texas, that contributes financially to the ministries of other churches whose locations and servant groups are well placed as they are.  This particular church sees no need to build their own similar ministry.  When Jesus talks about the church, He often refers not to a single, small group of people but rather the church overall.  We live and work and serve in buildings that have walls, but the walls don’t have to confine us.  Walls do have doors.  Enter as the Lord leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment