Monday, December 5, 2011

Concert + God

My ticket stub listed Casting Crowns as the concert headline. Yet there was also something else happening that night. Even in Lindsay McCaul’s opening songs, the Lord was already at work. He knew her lyrics would touch a particular fear I’d been harboring. The previous day, a friend very sweetly asked if I planned to audition for our next community theater production. This next set of auditions requires Canadian and British accents, and the idea makes me nervous. Playing around with dialects can be fun, yet this next production is not a comedy, and trying to seriously change my vowel tones on stage with everybody watching could be quite uncomfortable. Still the Lord rescued me to reveal how my thoughts had been twisting out of priority. Honestly I don’t want fear of a British accent to inhibit my willingness to answer the Lord's call. Our selfish human nature can present a persistent battle, yet the Lord's ways will thrill the selfless heart. At the concert, as Sanctus Real and the Afters entered, and as Casting Crowns talked about leaving the mindsets of the world behind, I loved the Lord all over again for interceding on my behalf. Joshua 1:9 says, “…do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Indeed the Lord was with me at the concert, with purpose even beyond the imprint on the ticket stub.

No comments:

Post a Comment