Monday, November 13, 2017

Russian radio thrill

I almost didn’t recognize the moment.  Over the radio in the car, I heard “How Great Is Our God,” though I’d heard it lots of times before.  Passion’s world edition melts my heart every time, yet I’ve never really tried to understand any of the languages other than English and Spanish, just assuming they were out of my reach.  Then suddenly I caught a vague recognition of two words.  “Did he say ‘Наш Бог’?”  Such a thrill to even hope that my study of Russian was translating into real life.  Arriving home, I pulled up YouTube, and yes, the singer says “Наш Бог так велик,” which means ‘How great is our God.'  Well, this is huge news for me.  This is so big that my heart can hardly handle the blessing.  When any of us follows the Lord into something, our eyes are open wide for His leading.  We watch closely for Him to cue our next step.  I knew the Lord wouldn’t leave me stranded, but I also didn’t know how the details of learning Russian would live out.  So these moments found my heart leaping into praise of how He was so sweetly encouraging me to keep studying.  Certainly He has guided me all along.  Certainly He tuned my ears to the lyrics today when ordinarily they would’ve tuned out.  Psalm 147:6 tells us, “The Lord sustains the humble . . .”  And I am overjoyed and thankful and trusting of Him all the more to sustain me along His path.  May you too be blessed in seeing Him at work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment