Friday, May 27, 2016

Email revival

Emails.  Do they weigh you down?  I’m looking to click through mine pretty fast.  Get them finished.  But these certain ones have kept me in their grasp.  They’re from Messianic Bible.  They’re full of verses and Middle East current events and notes of Jewish life.  Very nicely written.  Wonderfully valuable.  And actually I’m the one who signed up for them.  But they’re long.  I have difficulty keeping up.  In time I have a heavy backlog weighing on me.  Then one day I gained new perspective.  I credit the Lord for resolving my problem, and really He must’ve changed more than my eyes.  He must've reached into my heart.  And what He showed was to look at these emails not as emails.  Sounds so simple.  Instead, look at them as time to study the Bible.  Just unplug the laptop and take it to the table.  Find a pen, open the Bible, and my mindset starts to ease.  In resetting the stage, or in moving to a different stage, I’m no longer hurried and pressed to click ‘delete.’  No longer is this a housekeeping task but rather a pleasure of the heart.  Psalm 26:2-3 reminds me, “Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.”  Just as David sought the Lord in these verses, so may you and I seek Him to keep fine-tuning us, to uncover even our smallest nooks and crannies in need of His perspective.  May He bless you and refresh your walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment