Saturday, August 15, 2015

The girl at Enterprise

Last month our Honda dealership wanted to give us a rent car while they installed a new airbag.  Our first time to have a recall handled that way, Enterprise Rent-A-Car was the designated company, and when their shuttle driver arrived a bit chatty, our ride to the Enterprise office became intriguing.  In a short 10 minutes, the Lord tipped open an interesting door.  The driver asked about my day, and I asked about hers.  I mentioned my job, and she talked about studying German in college, which led me to comment about languages, saying it sure would be handy to know several languages when we go to Israel this fall.  When the subject of German surfaced a second time, the Lord opened the door to encourage, as it seemed my driver wasn't using German too much in her car rental work.  I offered, “I wonder how the Lord might use your German.  He can create all kinds of circumstances, and it's exciting to think of the ways He might work.  He may have a whole lineup of people for you to meet.”  It was so simple, really.  Unplanned, and just kind of rolling off the tongue. Hebrews 3:13 says, “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”  Often the Lord puts me on the receiving end of such comments, and when my brain starts replaying the particular words someone said, I'm amazed all over again how He positions us just perfectly to hear these things.  When He uses one of us to encourage another, He blesses both the giver and the receiver.  In the same way, this day with the rent car held its own curiosity.  I love that we can ask the Lord to connect all our dots, so our past, present, and future are all useful for His purposes.  And so I wonder now for you, how is the Lord orchestrating on your behalf?  Will you step out to encourage someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment