Saturday, November 1, 2014

90-day plan

My message delivered 3 different times.  First, it was the change of church.  The Lord stirred in us to begin attending Calvary Chapel, which emphasizes the reading of the whole Bible in sequence.  Second, it was a phone call with a friend who explained her recent thrill in reading the Bible in 90 days—every book, every chapter, every verse in sequence.  Third, it was hearing the testimony of Adam’s Road, a group of musicians who speak of having been saved from Mormonism.  Their conversion began with a Christian pastor posing the challenge to read the complete Holy Bible.  This message of entirety flashed bright for me like a huge neon sign I couldn’t ignore.  And my world has not been the same since.  My husband and I set out on this 90-day reading plan.  (If you're interested, just search "schedule 90 days Bible.")  Reading 10–15 chapters per night, we were blessed.  We came across verses I didn’t recall.  In Genesis 6:20 and 7:9, I didn’t remember that the animals came to Noah.  I’d imagined this picture of him loading the animals, but maybe I never pondered how he corralled them for loading.  In Exodus 6:20 and 15:20, I’d forgotten Moses, Aaron, and Miriam were siblings.  In Leviticus 4, there was this wonderful prominence of forgiveness that I thought of being more in the New Testament than the Old.  In Numbers 16:48, Aaron stops a plague just by standing amidst the people!  That’s absolutely amazing!  Then in the last chapter of Deuteronomy, the Lord gives this image of how personal He is for us.  Moses dies, and the Lord Himself buries him.  That idea sent my brain just wondering, just pondering in awe.  Seriously, how did God personally bury Moses?  And it’s been blessing upon blessing with each book we continue to read.  This Bible is God’s voice.  He spells out His love for us and His forgiveness, and the accounts of His presence thousands of years ago still affect us today.  May we encourage each other to read.  May we know Him personally therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment