Thursday, August 21, 2014

Love prevails for sake of victims

Months of work possibly down the drain.  Eight months of writing this curriculum, and I didn’t want to accept that it was over.  Not that I wrote every day or even every week, but it had been an ongoing project, and God had inspired throughout.  Yet according to a single recent communication, we now stood in a bleak spot, as we would be denied the interaction we hoped for.  We had planned to implement this coursework to aid the victims next month, and it’s a drastic understatement to say sexual exploitation and trafficking is a serious topic.  Our hope was high for connecting with these girls and aiding their recuperation and re-entry into regular life.  And as highly as we had hoped and as deeply as we were stunned, God took this difficult situation and subtracted out any hint of despair.  As I drove to meet up with my friend who began this ministry to serve these victims, the Lord refreshed me.  Realizing human tendency would have me slump into a bad mood, I observed quite the opposite happening.  The Lord protected me from temptation and supplied me new joy.  From my motionless posture of slowly digesting the bad news, the Lord rescued me into a positive perspective that wouldn’t allow me to fall back.  This roadblock would not win out over our love of these girls who have been hurt so deeply.  John 16:20 says, “…You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.”  This was a new version of God converting bad into good, for that afternoon my friend and I recognized some very exciting and unanticipated avenues for ministry.  Indeed our hope in Him is worthy to guide us through the ups and downs of the ordinary day.  His truths are tangible for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment