Friday, June 15, 2012

Leaping with Daniel

I awoke early, early, early.  Too early for my choosing.  The idea in my head was to host Bible study on Daniel 5.  King Belshazzar has a banquet that leads to trouble, and suddenly the fingers of a human hand write a message on a wall of the royal palace.  People use the phrase “the writing’s on the wall” without referencing the Bible, and that would be the point of the study:  to read the actual stories from which these indirect usages have come.  I emailed friends to see if anyone was available to study at the house, and lo and behold, here they come, and I’m so happy for a new friend to join us too.  Midway through our time together, I hear this new friend say how perfectly this study fits her personal circumstances.  And as she started explaining, my heart began to melt.  Here the Lord had awakened me days ahead about a certain topic for the sake of someone who would attend our study, yet whose email address I didn’t even have.  He would make certain she received an invitation, in whatever way He deemed best, which I later learned was through one of our ladies who is her dear friend.  Indeed the Lord loves us that much—that He brings together many for the sake of one, setting our feet on paths that lead to things we’re unaware of, bestowing blessings in all kinds of directions.  Earlier in the week, I had been frustrated at not finding some notes I’d written last year that would relate to our study this week.  Yet when my new friend commented on the perfect match within these verses of Daniel, I realized it was good for me not to find those notes because they contained other references that could’ve distracted me.  The Lord had let my eyes see only what He intended.  His orchestrations do amaze me.  I’m like the one on the street who stands motionless in the midst of loud honks and heavy traffic, with my mouth agape, wondering afterward if my jaw really did hit the ground.  I'm not really unaware of the surrounding traffic, but I'm spellbound at times to witness the Lord at work.  Motionless on the outside, yet giant leaps of joy within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment