Friday, May 4, 2012

Among the inanimate

People, yes.  Land, yes.  Inanimate things?  Man-made things?  Is there anything God cannot affect?  Anything beyond His reach?  Following my post on how Jesus’ death and resurrection affected the land, here’s some food for thought.  In Exodus 7, upon the Lord’s instruction, Aaron threw down his staff in front of Pharaoh, and it became a snake.  In Ezekiel 37, the Lord caused a vast army of dry bones to start rattling around.  He attached tendons to the bones, covered them with skin, and breathed life into them.  He brought the bones to stand on their feet, and it’s a scene that wonderfully boggles my brain.  Today I can attest first-handedly to the Lord affecting my TV.  Sometimes I let that 26” box of noise talk too much.  One time, looking out for my best interest, the Lord turned off my TV.  The fact that Little House on the Prairie was a wholesome show doesn’t change the fact that I’d allowed that box too much air time.  One could attribute an electrical reason for the screen suddenly blacking out, but I knew it was the Lord.  I’d sensed ahead that I shouldn’t have turned on the TV.  Also I think of a friend who prayed for her clothes dryer to restart, and it did.  I remember as well the many occasions I’ve prayed for the Lord to reveal lost car keys.  In a panic, combing entire areas multiple times, whether campuses or classrooms or vehicles, finally in complete exasperation lifting the floor mat on the driver’s side one last time, there finding the keys in plain sight.  Indeed the Lord does work among the inanimate.  There’s nothing He cannot move.  There’s nothing into which He cannot breathe life.

No comments:

Post a Comment