Monday, January 3, 2011

Money

Sometimes I’d rather not think about money.  My mind can wander when I think of recent layoffs.  I wonder if our workplaces will close their doors and how the Lord might provide us income.  Will the Lord change my part-time work into full-time somewhere new?  Will some of our volunteering connections lead to paid work?  Don’t know.  Yet I smile to remember when the Lord has amazed us financially.  Once He spoke through a friend to quickly lead me to a new teaching job.  Another time, He provided a lump sum suddenly for unused sick leave.  He has increased college scholarships for our family.  He has mailed us an unexpected check for an overage in our escrow account.  Remembering the blessings gives me a boost.  The Lord never leaves us alone.  And, really, money is not a bad subject.  It has been at the center of some of my favorite stories of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment